27 July 2023 We’ve got a great bundle of prize giveaways this summer, worth over £700!
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be running a series of easy-to-enter competitions on our Facebook page, with super prizes that will help you and your loved ones enjoy the coast and stay safe too.
Here's a clue - the first competition will be published on Saturday, 29 July!
Don’t miss out on your chance to enter, keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook page to see the prize announcements and you might like to follow us too. For fuller details, see the terms and conditions below.
Have fun and find out how we're helping people to Stay Safe Along the Coast.
SUMMER SAFETY Facebook competition
Terms & Conditions
The competition will be shown on NCI’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/nci.org.uk
1. The competition is promoted by National Coastwatch Institution, Registered Charity Number 1159975. Identified in these Terms & Conditions as 'The Charity'.
2. The Facebook competition/giveaway is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. The competition entrants must be UK residents and 18 years or over at the time of entering the competition.
4. To enter the competition, you must like the post on our FB page www.facebook.com/nci.org.uk and in the comments tell us your top tip to stay safe at the coast.
5. Entries in the form of likes and comments must be posted on the NCI Facebook page by midnight on Wednesday 30 August 2023 to enter the competition.
6. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified on Facebook as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. Where a prize is provided by a third-party, the Charity accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description, or fulfilment of the offer, by any third party connected with this competition.
9. The Charity does not have any paid partnership with brands unless stated.
10. No third-party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple reproduced or computer-generated entries, using multiple identities, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
11. Judges will be selecting one winner from each of the four prize categories: Opticron Marine Binoculars, Spinlock Alto Belt Packs, ICOM hand held VHF and Float Coat™ dog life jacket from Ruffwear
12. The Judges' decisions are final in all matters relating to the competition.
13. The judges will select one winner for each of the four prize categories. Judges' decision is final.
14. Prizes must be accepted as offered. No cash alternatives.
15. The winners will be notified by DM Facebook after the closing date of 30 August and will have 14 days from notification to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe, the Charity reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and pick replacement winners.
16. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when accepting the prize. The Charity cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
17. The Charity reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
18. You agree that if you are a winner, you may be asked to take part in publicity and to the use of your name, photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
19. The Charity reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid disappointment.
20. Any personal information that entrants share with the Charity will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions.
21. By entering the competition, entrants agree that their information will be collected, used and disclosed by the Charity and the prize supplier only to the extent necessary to allow them to dispatch the prize.
22. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Meta.